Saturday, September 1, 2012

No Looking Back

The time has finally come, I'm packed with my big tangerine colored suitcase, my stylish Louis Vuitton duffle bag, and my backpack filled to the max. The past 24 hours have been full of family bonding, friendly visits, and many laughs, all which have ended with hugs, tears, and kisses goodbye. It was sad to say goodbye to my loved ones (even those I got to see up at Providence College last week), but I'm ready.

Sitting here in the JFK New York airport, I'm patiently waiting my boarding call. I chose a nice seat facing west, right near the window so I can watch the sunset. There is a HUGE British Airways aircraft to the right of my view, two floors high, and looking so magnificent. I can only think back to the modern family episode where they are going to Hawaii and Claire Dunphy hugs her youngest Luke, saying, "I will never get tired of this", something my mom would say to me. Then Luke says, "Hey mom, wouldn't it be funny if our plane got caught in a huge storm and we crash landed onto a desert island, like in LOST?" It gets me every time, especially since I was such a HUGE LOST fan. However, I'm not traveling with my family, or anyone I know for that matter. Just me.

I've been given a lot of advice about my travels, and I will take all of that to heart, along with the memories I've made this summer. So many good moments, and relationships that I was able to develop and draw closer to me. As the summer comes to a close for me, I'm happy with everything I've accomplished. But it's time for me to keep moving forward, and that means no looking back.

I'm just a few minutes away from walking through that gate onto my flight. It's like a rollercoaster, once you're strapped in, there's no looking back. And I'm not. I'm excited for what's ahead. So, see ya New York, it's been real, and AHOJ PRAGUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment